Monday, September 10, 2007

6. Mediocre Monday

I feel like I may be entering another dry period. I do this sometimes, and it drives me batshit. It's like all the creativity is sapped out of me and all I have the energy to do is lay in the floor and watch the ceiling.
Usually I can get myself moving again by drowning myself in a bottle of wine, but it's not helping today. I feel dead.
This is the piece of me I despise. The part that holds me down. I could be brilliant, I think...but then I lose it. I don't really have any idea what I was going to be brilliant about, but I could be dammit, if it weren't for this lingering sensation of mediocrity. I just have no energy to be anything but a sack of...
Whatever.
I have no idea what I'm a sack of. I was going to say potatoes, but I felt it would be insulting a perfectly innocent tuber.

I'm going out of town next week. It'll be a fantastic road trip, and I'll photo, and see places I've never been before, and I'll get to talk to my brother, who always inspires me. Maybe that'll shake me out of this slump, I don't know. Fucking Mondays. They should just abolish them already.

2 comments:

Françoise said...

You and me both, yes? With the strange dry spells. Hanging with your bro will no doubt inspire you, what with all his beautiful photos. I look forward to seeing YOUR photos as well.

Goin' trippin'... LUCKY!

Janieac said...

Mmmm ... tuber.