Friday, February 8, 2008

25. The Mall

If a girl goes to the mall with money in her pockets, she should be able to find things she loves to spend it on. I wish I had more to spend in adorable little boutique shops, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. My pockets are not bursting with cash, and so I had to try and make my dollar stretch to the best of my ability. I shopped sales like crazy. Yet after 2 hours of wandering up and down the aisles searching for things to love, all I left with were a pair of Editors from Express on super sale ($22, originally $60), and a lavender camisole from Macy's ($20!?!).
Disappoint-mints!

Ok, so I'm pmsing a bit and my self esteem could be higher. Those fucking down facing lights love to highlight cellulite I would normally never give a second thought to. But I feel like the mall is filled with clothes for someone else. Except for the items I bought, and one coveted but too damaged to purchase blouse from Forever 21, I couldn't find anything to make my insides scream with glee. It is payday, I had $150 to spend on things to floof out my wardrobe, and I left with $40 worth of merchandise. I can go thrifting, spend $20, and come out with a handful of things I adore; yet turned loose in a string of department stores with clearance sales and 8 times the amount of cash, I can't find a thing.

Tomorrow I'm going to try again. I plan to visit DSW and Nordstrom Rack. Shoes never fail to bring a smile to my face. I just hope I can find some clothes to wear with them...

No comments: