Friday, March 14, 2008

31. Awful Treasures

I had just finished putting together tomorrow's breakfast, Creme Brulee French Toast, and needed a place to store it in the fridge overnight. The fridge was packed, and I quickly realized that most of the items taking up space should no longer be considered edible. Jars of icky-blicky salsa, freakish rotting spaghetti sauce, lily pads of mold floating on month old home made raspberry syrup leftover from Valentine's Day, store bought alfredo completely liquified and festering in its container...The smell was enough to kill a herd of sweaty yaks. I swear, I nearly passed out flushing each monstrosity down the drain. I could have saved myself a lot of misery by tossing them away unopened, but I just couldn't do it, I had to recycle.

I am Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout. And I finally took the garbage out.

3 comments:

Françoise de Fleur said...

It's fun when vegetables liquefy too. Like cucumber and green onion. Oh squishy.

meg's thoughts return said...

hahahahaha I love this post. We indeed have a variety of icky treats in our fridge currently. Unfortunately they don't really smell so we ignore them... until washing them requires a gas mask. Tupperwear is a little evil that way.

Janieac said...

You're fucking nuts.