Wednesday, June 18, 2008

42. Something Strange

About two weeks ago I was driving to work, when I heard a story on NPR about SomethingStore.com.
You can listen to the full segment here.

For $10, The Something Store will mail you a surprise. I love surprises, and $10 really isn't that much. I play the lottery for $1 all the time, and usually get nothing but wishful thinking for it. This at least guarantees I'll get Something for my $10. Even if I got something that I personally didn't want, I could probably set it aside as a stocking stuffer for someone at Christmas.

I had to try it. The anticipation alone was worth the $10.

My Something finally arrived today. Actually, it may have been there for a few days. I tend to forget about menial things such as checking the mail. But anyway. It is here, and it is definitely...something. Not something I want, but something more or less. Mostly less. It isn't really even something that makes sense. Honestly, it's just ridiculous.

Behold. My new, red, white and blue handbag, made entirely of zippers!

















They aren't just decorative either. Every one of them opens. And it's just in time for the Fourth of July!

What a fine, tax deductible donation this will be to Goodwill...
Still, I think I'd try my luck with The Something Store again. Maybe.
I do love a surprise.

4 comments:

meg's thoughts return said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAha! That is all.

Janieac said...

OH MY GOD!!! Save it for me for Christmas. I loooooooooooove it!!!

Dexter Obvious said...

Be careful what you ask for. I'll gladly mail it to you.

Françoise de Fleur said...

NICE! I've actually seen those. I do love me some superfluous flare on, well, anything.