Wednesday, July 23, 2008

46. A Little Fan-Girlism

I don't often care much about actresses in general, but I am admittedly quite fond of two. Maggie Gyllenhaal and Natalie Portman. They have yet to disappoint me. Even when I don't like the movie itself, I still find I like their piece of it.

And if I didn't already love Natalie Portman enough, here's another reason to. She stars in the new Bollywood inspired video for Devendra Banhart's "Carmensita". Glee!



Turns out she's dating Devendra. I had no idea. But I live in a hole, so there you go.

Devendra is oh so lovely...
And I love when two lovely people combine into a super lovely couple.
Love! <3

I'm just hoping the poor little octopo at the end didn't suffocate while it was getting smooched on by DB.

3 comments:

Janieac said...

I love you in a salad way?!

Fantastic video. I loved the subtitles.

I don't normally like his stuff, but this was fun. Probably because he's not warbling in it; I don't like the male-whiny falsetto so much.

Françoise de Fleur said...

Oh Devendra. I haven't had a chance to watch this video just yet - headphone-wearing is frowned upon at ze works - but it sounds delicious.

Natalie Portman was incredible in Léon (aka. The Professional). I still can't allow her to have Devendra. No one can!

meg's thoughts return said...

See.... Natalie Portman kinda bugs me. She's pretty good in a few things I can think of, but also a bit awful in others I can think of...Perhaps it was not her that was so awful, but the movies themselves... BUT I really like this video it made me super happy and she is adorable in it. I never wished you happy birthday because I was back home in the Tri-Cities, so I hope you had a delightful day and we shall be reunited soon with foods and stuff.