Monday, August 4, 2008

47. I heart Ikea

A completely unexpected refund from our Escrow account this week has allowed us to FINALLY begin decorating our bedroom. But after 2 days and about 5-6 hours of shopping for a new comforter at every department store in town, we still hadn't found anything suitable. Everything was either too expensive, poor quality, lacking any sense of design, or not terribly comfortable. Or a combination of any of the above. Frustrating is an understatement.

Thankfully, there is Ikea!

The spoils of yesterday's shopping trip include...
A new Duvet cover and comforter:

In real life, the colors are much more vibrant, but you get the idea. It matches the world map I found at Office Max perfectly, and is remniscent of sleeping on a pile of marshmallows.

A bedside lamp:

I was especially excited to find this. I had removed a glass globe from our bedroom hall ceiling to replace with something a little less dated, and had planned to make a sort of moderny/futuristic sort of table lamp with it. It ended up getting broken before I had the chance, and I was very sad.
Fortunately for me, someone else already had the same idea.

And an adorable desk lamp:


All I can say is yay for the Swedes.

2 comments:

Janieac said...

Yay home furnishings! Sweet stuff. :)

Françoise de Fleur said...

Nice. I like the dome lamp... And the rainbow bed! Lurvely.