Wednesday, October 8, 2008

61. Pinkness

Pink is a lovely color, and I am rather fond of it in a variety of applications. But when exactly did it become fashionable for a straight man to wear pink in all seriousness? A pocket square is one thing, or maybe some pale pink pinstripes in your charcoal grey tie. It does seem a shame that an entire gender be banned from the vicinity of a certain color based on socially accepted connotations. And I am all for gender-bending, when executed properly. A little eyeliner on the right man is truly a thing of beauty...

But a pastel pink polo paired with khakis and loafers? How can you possibly expect me to take you seriously in a business environment when you are dressed to resemble an oversized piece of fluffy cotton candy? I applaud you for being so secure in your masculinity, but honestly. You just look ridiculous.

3 comments:

Janieac said...

HAHAHA! Cotton candy.

How to know the guy's gay, and not just secure in his masculinity? He says, "It's salmon, not pink."

The Boognish said...

I like the gay colors in ties and button up shirts, but honestly I can't pull it off to well. I have a tie with Purple stripes that I might wear once a year, but when I wear it, I feel funny inside. What do you think J, Pink Cumberbunds to go with B's Navy Dress?

Janieac said...

Hells yes!!!

PS Purple makes you feel like a lady? Heheh ... that's hilarious.