Friday, February 27, 2009

91. A Fine Institution

Today I had advisory meetings with the two community colleges I am attempting to choose between. After careful consideration, I believe I'm leaning towards Bellevue (click image to enlarge):



Unfortunately, I am probably not going to be able to attend full time due to the need to work full time as well. I am not certain how this will affect my eligibility for student loans, but if I have to pay for much out of pocket, I won't be able to go. I am also somewhat discouraged by the fact that attending part time means it will probably take me about 12 years to earn my bachelors. While I am excited to go to school, it is disappointing to think that by the time I am able to graduate, I could be almost 40.

2 comments:

Janieac said...

Full time is 12 hours I think. So that's 4 classes. If you can take a couple of them online, I'll bet you can swing it. It's tough, but you can do it.

Think of it this way, you'll be far too busy to ever be bored. :)

meg's thoughts return said...

I agree with Janie, it seems insurmountable, but I remember back in school I was working 30 hrs a week at my job and taking 15 credits. It was a very full plate, but definitely workable. Online classes would mean you could hang with your doggies while watching lectures.