Sunday, April 26, 2009

97. Vacation

Greetings from Missouri.

It's hot, holy cow. Which is saying a lot, because I am nearly almost always cold. I'm hoping for thunderstormage soon, because it's sweltering in here.

Last night we caught a completely amazing burlesque show for J's bachelorette party. I've never seen a group pay such perfect homage to the form, and my friend Laura was by far the best of them all. We had a fabulous time, indeed.

Today my dad took us to a gun range. I have only gone shooting once before, but both times I favored the revolver. I tried some rifles and a .45 as well, but they were a bit much for me. Not that I'd own a gun, because I sincerely don't see much purpose in it...but for grins, the revolver is my choice. I am like Miss Peacock, in the lounge. Drinking martinis and shooting people for undisclosed reasons.

I found out Obama is going to be in town on Wednesday for a town hall meeting. I requested tickets, but I doubt I'll get a pair. They're free, but there was only a limited number. I won't know for a couple of days if I got them.

It's still hot.

No comments: