Sunday, June 21, 2009

106. The World is My Gym

In spite of the fact that I am not even a little fan of Nike and their insistence on sweatshop labor, "Just do it" is quite possibly the greatest motivational mantra ever. I ran 2 miles again today, outside, for the second time in a week (and ever). This time I did it alone, and I probably could have kept going, honestly. But I decided to stop at 2 and give my muscles time to acclimate. The more I run, the more I need to run. Not only do I feel better about myself physically, but it keeps my mind balanced. I can finally see things for what they are instead of coloring every situation with only my emotions.

Afterward we hit Greenlake for a 3 mile walk with the dogs. I was sore by the time we finished, but a gourmet dinner at home of lobster tail, papaya, and brie spread over rosemary bread seems to have revived me.

I feel intense - definitely more alive than I have in a very very long time. I am so *on* all the time that I find I can stay awake for 24 hours without any trouble. My energy stores have no bottom. The only thing I can't seem to find time to do is clean my house.

Summer is good. All over.

1 comment:

Françoise de Fleur said...

I'm so glad to see you so full of energy! Yay! If only I could catch up... I no run good. Slowwww.