Tuesday, July 28, 2009

114. Loch Lomond

Still dwelling in the string-happy vein of Hey Marseilles, I remembered a Portland band I've been meaning to check out ever since I came across a split lp featuring them on one side and the Builders and the Butchers on the other. I'm pleased to say they haven't disappointed me, and I think I'm going to have to snag it as soon as I can.

I love this video too. It's like home movie footage of a 1970's religious cult. But in a really good way?



"My internal inspiration comes out of me in strange ways," says Young.
"I lock myself in a room until I scream, knock stuff over, whatever I'm compelled to do to make a song emerge. Once a song does come out of me, I leave it alone. Changing the structure or the lyrics would feel like I was second-guessing my art."

Amazing. I do something pretty close to that. Maybe less breaking of stuff, but only because I don't have a lot of expendable things to break.

*If you liked the song, you can download it for free by clicking here.

1 comment: