Thursday, August 13, 2009

120. To Bumbershoot Or Not To Bumbershoot...

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing Sunday September 6th, which is pretty enticing on it's own. But I found out this week that Hey Marseilles and The Dusty 45's are also playing that afternoon, which would more than justify the $35 ticket price even if the Yeah Yeah Yeahs hadn't already. Plus I've never been to Bumbershoot, and I know Jesse and Kelsey are going. So I believe I'm leaning toward yes.

In other news, and not to jinx this entirely (because I have reservations anyway), myself and three of my co-workers are having our first dinner meeting tomorrow night to discuss business plans for opening a bar. I'm not sure that anything will actually come of it. Small business is risky business, and I'm definitely nervous.

I may just gracefully back out tomorrow. Especially if it turns out we're not on the same page for the overall concept. I can be pretty flexible, but I couldn't live with neon beer signs and 15 different channels of ESPN. I was imagining something much more conceptual and unique.

Rachel and I have been emailing constantly for over a week now, tossing around ideas and researching what it would take. I think I'd be more comfortable if I knew it were just going to be the two of us. I feel like four owners is two too many, and I'm not even sure that all of them actually want that much involvement. That's kind of what the meeting is for though. We'll sit down, seriously discuss what we each want out of this, and then see what happens. But I'm pretty skeptical.

1 comment:

Janieac said...

Guhhhh, fests. I hate them so. But have fun if you chose to go! Seems like the block party was fun. :)

So how'd the meeting go?