Sunday, August 16, 2009

121. Sunday. The Day of Rest.

It's been a supremely busy weekend of fun times, so today is going to be kind of mellow.

My dinner meet up went great. Rachel was the only one who came, and it was determined that she and I will be the only ones on the loan should this actually come to fruition. We talked a whole bunch about a whole bunch of ideas, and I think we're very much on the same page. So that's a good start. We're hopefully going to hit Redwood this week, which was one of Rachel's picks, and I think Matt is going to come with.

While waiting for Rachel to arrive, I realized I had parked my car right in front of 2nd Time Around. So of course, I had to snag some more records for the collection:





I also picked up a Dvorak cello concerto and a Brahms record which the clerk ended up giving me. It was only a dollar anyway, but I guess not many people want classical records. Which is sad, considering how amazing they sound. I play my copy of Rachmaninoff half to death.

So after dinner with Rachel, I had about an hour and a half to kill before I met up with Kelsey and friends. I ended up driving myself to Alki and sitting by the water watching the sunset. I tried to take some pictures, but I only had my wimpy little point and shoot with me, so the zoomed in shots came out kind of fuzzy. Here's a couple of my favorites though:





We spent the night divided between a couple bars in Ballard (I can't seem to get enough of The People's Pub). Kelsey succeeded in talking me into Bumbershoot. In typical fashion, we got super rowdy and lots of mayhem ensued. There was a lot of shoe throwing and sidewalk fighting. The evening ended with a group of us fending off crazy coat-salesman guy who was trying to pawn off his ex-wife's leather jacket for a mere $10. Jake told him he thought he was creepy, which led to a lengthy debate about creepiness vs. passion. It was fairly hilarious, and I totally regret not taking pictures.

Yesterday Jen and Gerritt came over and we biked 25.5 miles after having Performance adjust the gears on my new bike. It's the longest I've ever ridden. Ever. And it wasn't flat trail either. Matt said he was very proud of me.
I am a machine.
Only today I am a kind of broken machine. So. Very. Sore.

Afterward we ate our weight in bbq. Actually, I ate my weight in fruit salad, because it was really the only thing that sounded good to me. I had other stuff too, but I'm pretty sure if I were to become sweaty, pineapple juice would ooze out my pores.

This is one of those times where I don't quite know how to wrap things up. So I will just say, THE END!

2 comments:

Janieac said...

Brian and I were just talking about this this weekend; the digital zoom that extends beyond the optical zoom on those point and shots are WORTH SHITE!

These look great though. What an awesome day!

Françoise de Fleur said...

I'm glad that you'll be at the Bonkershits to repr'zent... Terry and I have been exempt by the Marseilles boys from going, as we planned to take a little vacation over that weekend. (To where, we haven't decided, and I fear we'll not be able to find a place to stay anywhere. Hmmmm.)

I'm glad your "meeting" went well. And that you had a crazy fun night. And that some of it was documented. Your drunk faces are most delightful.