Friday, September 18, 2009

127. When Advertising Goes Horribly Wrong

I love American Apparel. I do. They make great quality clothing that comes in billions of lovely colors, without brand names plastered all over them, in a factory which is in fact, not a sweat-shop.

But what, WHAT were they thinking when they made this ad?



Oooooh nooooo...
Nevermind that I can see her granny underwear lines, or that the styling of the top and scarf make me suspect this outfit escaped from some Avant-garde theater production that is just too "artsy" for anyone to get.

SHE IS WEARING SHINY, FLESH-TONED, SPANDEX PANTS!!!

HOW IS THAT OK?!

3 comments:

Janieac said...

I refer you to ... GO FUG YOURSELF.

The pants-free tights trend MUST END!!! MUST!!!

Janieac said...

PS Shiny, flesh-toned spandex pants are NEVER OKAY. Not even at Hooters! Ladies! STOP!

meg's thoughts return said...

Oh no! I'm going to have to cancel my rehearsal dinner look! ;)