Monday, December 7, 2009

137. Runaway

Recently life has gotten ridiculously complicated, and frustrating, and lots of other adjectives I won't bore you with. But my point in bringing it up at all is that I am escaping. Via airplane.

Initially, I was invited to New York with a friend who is already going to visit her brother. But from the moment I began scheming [drunkenly], I was trying to figure out a way to get the people I'm really missing to come with me. The next day, after I'd had a chance to sober up and think things through a little more rationally, I realized this idea wasn't really even kind of realistic. So I've decided New York will have to wait. I'm going to go to Chicago instead, where I hope to have many fabulous adventures with people I love more than I could ever explain.

Plane tickets are purchased. Now I just have to get the time off work, which is proving more difficult than anticipated. But I have my fingers crossed that everything will work out.

1 comment:

Françoise de Fleur said...

It's good to escape the "everyday" sometimes. Hope it all works out with work!