Friday, January 15, 2010

143. The Week in Review

In the past 5 days, I have ended my marriage, dropped out of college, leased an apartment and discovered I have virtually nothing to furnish it with, and found out that in 8 months, my department is being outsourced to a company in Albuquerque.

You'd think that I'd be upset...but strangely, I feel amazing. Not just relieved, or like I'm getting a fresh start. I'm deliriously happy.

I signed a 6 month lease that ends July 31st. I have a job until September, and if I don't find another position in the company before then, I get 9 weeks severance pay and a lump sum to cover 3 months of Cobra insurance (or anything I want).

I haven't decided what I want to do yet. I love Seattle, but I feel like a change of scene might be a really good thing for me. I'm considering moving to Chicago to be close to the friends I find myself missing more every day. I hate the weather in the midwest, but I hear the summers in Chicago are slightly more bearable than St. Louis. Or maybe I will stay in Seattle, who knows.

I'm just done feeling trapped, and I really hope I'm over being so indecisive about every little thing. It isn't ever too late to change your life for the better.

1 comment:

Cronus said...

Wow, that's a seriously busy week. Alas, life must always progress, no matter the obstacles. : )