Wednesday, February 10, 2010

147. 2 Weeks Notice

Only 2 more weeks until my visit to St. Louis. Terribly excited by this. It's getting harder and harder to concentrate on work. Ever since the outsourcing announcement I've felt like I put in my 2 weeks notice. Except my notice is about 9 months long. Fortunately for me, everyone else seems to have checked out as well, so we're all just sort of killing time waiting to move on. It's not bad, really.

I've spent a lot of time recently wandering around on Lonely Planet, daydreaming of of the fascinating places I hope to visit one day. Currently a bit obsessed with Iceland. Volcanoes and glaciers and hot springs, oh my!



I'm 28 years old and I have only traveled beyond the US border once. And that was only for a weekend, and it was only Vancouver, BC. Which is practically a neighborhood of Seattle and hardly counts at all.

I was supposed to visit Alaska this summer, until my brother informed me that the round trip cost alone was going to be somewhere just under $1,000. I still intend to go, but it's going to have to wait until Summer 2011 I think.

Until then I plan to save and pay off some debt, and hopefully once I do, I can start having the sort of adventures I've been imagining all day every day.

1 comment:

Janieac said...

I love this photo.

AND CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO VEEEEZEEEEET!!! :)