Thursday, February 11, 2010

148. Spring Cleaning

Being that my life is in a sort of transitional phase at the moment, I thought it might be the perfect time to clean up one of my favorite places; my Flickr account. I was almost as ruthless in my deleting of photos as I was cleaning out my closet. I think I've managed to trim it down to a more focused sort of portfolio, though I'm still finding shots scattered throughout that I'll probably cut.

Photography is my favorite thing, no question. It's the most approachable and satisfying form of creative expression I have. I just wish I had the motivation to spend more time working at it. Lately I find that the majority of the photos I take are with my iPhone. Partially because I haven't gotten Photoshop installed on my laptop to be able to work with my Canon 30D and because the cost of film development exceeds my budget, but also because the iPhone just happens to be the one camera I have with me all the time. Fortunately, it takes pretty great photos for a phone.

Since I use it so much, I've invested in multiple photo editing apps to give myself a little more creative control over the final product. Of those, my favorite is one called Camera Bag. If you have an iPhone, I'd definitely recommend it. I'm having so much fun with it I actually added a set to Flickr just for my artsy iPhone shots.

My only other excuse for not shooting nearly enough is the weather. It's been really rainy for months, and I just can't bring myself to take the schmancy equipment out. I'm hoping that will change soon, but I really should have been working on self portraits or something this entire time. I have all of this lighting equipment that came with my 30D, but no clue how to use it. So this is me, kicking myself for sitting around wasting so much time. Get on with it, would you?

1 comment:

無聊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.