Monday, March 8, 2010

149. Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm debating what to do with this blog. Frankly, it's a scattered mess. I feel like it was sort of a place to store bits and pieces of my brain when they had no where else to go. Only lately, I have less and less of a need to put things here. Maybe because I've compartmentalized myself into other places, like Flickr and Facebook, and a private blog I'm using as a journal. Mostly, I think it was intended to cheer me up when I was horribly depressed. Only now I'm not depressed, so the whole thing feels a little pointless. I mean, I named it Spilt Milk for a reason.

That's kind of huge for me though...to be able to say that I am actually happy. I spent so long being unhappy that finally being on my own and living my life the way I want is a huge relief. I have all the freedom in the universe to be anybody I want. It's easy to say that I had that freedom all along, but it isn't true. I'm still discovering how much being with the wrong person can affect you, in ways you don't even realize until you can stand back and see things from outside the situation. I don't regret being with him at all, but I am glad that I was finally able to admit to myself that it wasn't working.

So I'm reorganizing everything. Making all the changes I've always wanted to and trying to get myself moving in the right direction. Which leaves the question of this blog. Do I save it, or start something fresh? I can't decide. I just know that I keep coming back to it and wondering what would make anyone other than me want to read it. What do I have to write about now that I'm not unhappy?

2 comments:

Lexi-Lupa said...

You should save it! I love reading little bits and pieces of your life all while you incorporate your insight and humor. I'm relatively new to all this new-fangled technology, but I would like to be able to blog like you in the future. I enjoy reading your blog. Sure, starting fresh may sound appealing, but think of all the time and effort you have put into Spilt Milk. Do you really want to leave all those posts and memories behind?

I'm sorry. I have typed far too much.

-Lexi, and avid reader.
(P.S: that coat from Anthro is SO CUTE.)

Super Milk-Chan said...

Ha! I didn't realize anyone was even reading it, beyond a few friends.
Point taken, and thank you. :)