Monday, June 7, 2010

164. On Safari

Saturday we revisited the abandoned house to prowl around taking photos and trying to get some headshots done for John. We were excited to discover that one of the arched doorways was completely void of a door, allowing us to wander freely throughout the house's interior. It was just as demolished and delightfully dated in the upstairs portion as it was down.

Unfortunately, I had some technical difficulties with my camera, and I can't say that I'll get much out of the two rolls of Fujichrome I shot. The shutter button started sticking about halfway through, refusing to fire until I was pointing the camera at the ground, cursing at it and trying to figure out what the problem was. I think I'm going to need to take it to a shop for a cleaning and adjustments. If I can find a shop willing to work on such an old camera, that is.

We also spent a little time working on the settings for my 30D, so I'm hoping to be able to shoot at ISO's under 1600 now. Since the AE-1 appears to be malfunctioning anyway, we're planning to bike back over and try round 2 on the digital later this week. If I can find time that is...I feel like I have entirely too many appointments and lessons lined up to be able to have any sort of fun until Friday at the earliest.

2 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

a sticky trigger is never a good thing :) good luck with it

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com