Monday, June 28, 2010

168. Monday.

Super fun-time weekend, again!

Friday night John and I had grabbed a tasty happy hour dinner at Boom Noodle. I had the Wild Salmon Udon, and he had the Ahi Fish Tacos. NOM! I couldn't resist the Edamame Puree, as well as happy hour priced cocktails - My favorite being the Kyoto Blossom (Absolut Pear, Triple Sec, fresh lemon juice, and grenadine). Afterward we stopped at Cupcake Royal for dessert and coffee, just to kill a little time before the doors opened at Neumos. I am a fattie, yes? Yes.

I was really excited about this show because I got to see two of my favorite bands together, for one fairly reasonable ticket price, as well as enjoy the company of Ayako and her pal Cooper. Yes!
Builders and the Butchers & Portugal. The Man.

Neumos was sweltering, per usual. Bad dancing in tight quarters ensued. Friendliness with a fanboy from Alaska named Chris who "knew the band from elementary school". Strange and enthralling light displays by PTM. Overall, fun fun funnn! But for crying out loud, Neumos, fix your damn sound already. Treble should not be a luxury upgrade.

Saturday morning I got up early and spent three hours in a Canon EOS Basics class. Most of it was so remedial I wondered if maybe I had wasted $50 in signing up. In the end, I learned about some settings I wasn't aware of, so that alone was worth the price. I also got a beginner's crash course in flash, which I probably needed. I may go back for the intermediate class if I can scrounge up the cash, but we'll see.

I got a lot of bike riding in this weekend, and even managed to make myself go running on Saturday. Not far, but it's been sort of forever since I went with any sort of regularity, so I think it was a good start. Now if only I could stop cramming my yap full of deleeshus foods all-day-every-day.

I made this horrifying discovery on Friday night that not a single pair of my trousers/capris and most of my skirts no longer fit me. I couldn't even get my can into a pencil skirt that fit like a glove 3 months ago. DISTURBING.

Admittedly, I haven't been exercising enough.
And I lurve food.
I could marry it...

So what was just a single pair of "goal pants" a month ago has become half my wardrobe. Obviously, the half I hardly ever wear, but still. I'm left with nothing but t-shirts, jeans, and a couple of dresses. Poop. Time to turn on the willpower.

Oh, know what else is stupid? Cutting your thumb on a table knife. OW!

1 comment:

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/