Saturday, January 1, 2011

174. On New Year's Day

Hi. How have you been? It's been a while, no? Ah, well. What better time to start again than on the first of the year.

I'm not a big resolution person, so instead I've decided to make some goals for 2011. Resolutions are just silly promises to yourself anyway, and most of them involve not letting yourself pig out on cookies so much anymore. Too easy to break.

This year, I would like to end up in a better financial situation, and the only way I can really see to do that is to find a better paying job. We've settled into the city living lifestyle really nicely since moving back to StL, and overall, I'm having an awesome time. All except the part about barely being able to make our rent and having no money to do anything outside the barest of necessities. I really miss taking riding and viola lessons, and I really want to be able to travel.
So that's goal #1. New job, asap.

My second goal is a little trickier, I think. I started taking theater classes when I was in junior high, to try and get past this paralyzing stage fright I have. I loved being involved in productions and I liked the weirdos I met doing it, so I tried to major in it during my first attempt at college. I didn't get to finish, and then I moved away and blah blah blah. Excuses. Anyway, I'm feeling braver, or maybe I just like to torment myself, but that's goal #2.
Get cast in a play.

Either fairly ambitious, or really simple to accomplish...I'm not sure which yet. We'll see.

3 comments:

Lexi-Lupa said...

YAY!!! You are back! I have missed reading your awesome posts. Way tp cpnquer stagefright!

-Lexi

Lexi-Lupa said...

Also, I totally know how to spell words.

Super Milk-Chan said...

Ha! Well, thanks. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out. ;)