Thursday, February 10, 2011

176. Thursday/Schmursday

Update:
My fruitless job hunt continues. I have now lost track of how many times I have re-written my cover letter in an effort to make it more concise. I remain very happy with the quality of my resume, and cannot find any further ways to tweak it. Neither can anyone else I ask for feedback.

That should seem promising, except that I'm not getting any worthwhile interview requests out of it. I rarely get a reply to an application, and those I do hear from turn out to be either suspicious or low-paying. Sometimes both. In the past week I have turned down two interviews based on the fact that they asked me to bring a copy of my credit report to the interview and then side-stepped my request for more information about the company.

That's what I get for responding to Craigslist ads, I suppose. Usually, I make a point to only apply directly through nice, legitimate, company-run websites, but a girl can only take so many "Thanks for your interest, but the position has been filled" emails.

I did have two interviews this week with a department store. Interview #1 seemed ok, but I don't think #2 went well at all. I'm sure it wouldn't have even paid very well, so it's not like I'm that broken up about it. But I do feel pretty pathetic that I can't even seem to nail a measly retail interview. My confidence is getting rather bruised these days. Something resembling week-old bananas.

No comments: