Tuesday, December 27, 2011

203. Christmas Aftermath

I skipped work today in lieu of staying in and collecting myself after a very hectic Christmas weekend. Friday night, the Wizard and I finished wrapping gifts and made latkes with pork chops for dinner. (Not very Kosher. I know.) Latkes turned out to be much easier to make than I had anticipated, and tasted very very delicious. Ours were blended with onions, seasoned with salt, pepper and rosemary, and topped with a homemade apple puree. Nom!

Saturday we spent Christmas Eve with his family, Sunday with my family, and Sunday night with friends from out of town. Even though I got in a couple jogs through the park, I still feel I have eaten nothing but sugar and fat-stuff for days (which is true). We also received a lot more gifts than we know what to do with, so we've been trying to find space for everything in the teeny 2nd story pirate ship we call home.

Everything sort of caught up with me yesterday, because I spent the entire day oozing snot and sneezing non-stop. I slept all afternoon, while the Wizard concocted a fanTASTic chicken soup from scratch. We spent the evening curled up on the couch playing the Ratchet and Clank game he got me for Christmas, and watching Season 1 of Louie, which I got him for Christmas. I feel much better today, fortunately (except for the fact that my pants feel a bit tight, that is).

All I want to do is crawl into bed and hibernate for the rest of the winter, but the fridge is empty, the house is a mess, and I still have to find a dress to wear on New Year's Eve. Sleep will have to wait.

Post Script*
I forgot to post photos of how my Design 1 final turned out. Such a tease, to only show you the work in progress. This is it. It's a 3 dimensional recreation of a cubist still life by Roy Lichtenstein. Acrylic on 1/4" birch plywood. The first shot was taken during our in-class critique, the second after it had been hung in the hallway of the art building on display.



 There are a lot of mistakes and things I wish I had done differently, but overall, I feel pretty satisfied. I've never made anything even close to something like this before. I think we're going to hang it over our dining room table, after I touch up a couple of spots that could use some work.

1 comment:

Lexi-Lupa said...

Wow. I'm totally breathless. I love Lichtenstein, and your piece totally BLEW ME AWAY. I especially love the wood texture. Great job, really.

{PS: I tried to facebook stalk you using the few pieces of information that I have creepily collected from your blog. I'm sorry. But not that sorry because I couldn't find you.}
xo-Lexi