Monday, January 9, 2012

210. Suck it, Monday.

Let it be known and officially documented, I hate my job. It has its perks, of course; 3 weeks of vacation a year, getting to listen to my headphones while I work, and once I've been there a year, I'll be eligible for tuition reimbursement. All good things! But there is no opportunity for movement within the company, nor are my talents noticed or appreciated. I am held to inhuman expectations for perfection by my supervisor, yet my job is void of any mental stimulation. I don't think I would be capable of devising a better form of torture for myself.

A retarded robo-monkey could do what I do, and for a lot less money. In the 8 months that I have been employed, I have not made a SINGLE FRIEND. The coffee is terrible.  I spend nearly every day, all 8 hours of it, grinding my teeth and feeling like my blood pressure is so high the top of my head is going to blow off. I drive a soul-sucking 45 minutes each way, and I skip my lunch break every single day, just so that I can get away from there 1/2 an hour sooner. If flames and lasers could come out of my eyes literally, rather than just figuratively, I would use them to start a small fire under my desk and burn the entire building down.

This...is...my life...I am Peter Gibbons...


I should find something else, only that is, for the most part, corporate America. I don't think I'm wrong in believing that I will have the exact same complaints no matter where I go in this city, and that on the off chance I do find something better, it won't be any less of a commute.

Guh. Thank you for letting me vent.

In other news, I went through some pretty fantastic video tutorials today. If there is a piece of software that you would like to learn, I highly recommend Lynda.com. It's $25 a month for a membership, but in one day, it has already demystified a substantial portion of Photoshop for me. I think I may finally be able to start trying to shoot in raw format on my digital slr, and I'm very excited about that.

I also stopped by school to pick up my textbooks, because classes start next week! EEEK! I'm taking 10 credit hours this semester, and I'm hoping I can squeak through without destroying my 4.0 in the process. I enjoy a good challenge. YAR!

No comments: