Friday, January 13, 2012

214. Learning Lasagna

Well that went well. Amazingly.
No, seriously, I just made lasagna. For the first time ever, and it was quite tasty. Though, to be fair, I think that my version shared more qualities with a vegetarian deep dish pizza than it did your standard lasagna, but who am I to say what lasagna is supposed to be? I've eaten almost no lasagna in my entire life, and it really just seems like a towering stack of noodles and sauce and cheese and noodles and sauce and cheese and on and on...

I rely mostly on the Wizard's reception of said lasagna, because it is a dish he is far more familiar with than I.
He endorsed it wholeheartedly, and that makes me glow with stupid-girlfriend delight.

It was also mercifully simple. I really was nervous about the whole thing, and then it came out splendidly, in spite of my alterations and additions of flare, and the fact that I had very little idea what I was doing. It just isn't that hard. For reference, I loosely used the recipe on the back of the lasagna noodle box, because all of the recipes I had found on Epicurious were much more elaborate and "Gourmet" than I wanted for my first attempt.

Lame confession: I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to make the Gourmet Magazine logo small enough and crisp enough to fit where I typed, "Gourmet". And in MS Paint, because I do not have Photoshop installed on this laptop. I am not that talented.

Next time though, I intend to try something much sexier, like this. Mine actually had swiss chard, mushroom, and ricotta, but it did not have béchamel . Béchamel is sexy. SEXY.

I have no idea where to go from here. I've been discussing lasagna as if it were breasts. Lasagna is not, and will never be, breasts.

In fact...
Yeah.
You know what?
This.


MANIACAL. LAUGHTER.
/end.

No comments: