Friday, January 20, 2012

220. National Boss' Day Off

As the title implies, my boss had the day off today. The Wizard's boss also stayed home today, leading me to make it an unofficial national holiday even if no one else participates.

I like when my boss doesn't come to work because she sits in the cubicle next to me. This means that when she isn't there, I have occasion to slack, which is the way I prefer to exist. Today's slackery involved taking photographs of my headphones with my iPhone, reading David Mamet's "Oleanna" for class, picking my nose, browsing apartment websites, and taking an extra long time to eat a veggie wrap for my lunch.

Other news; Etta James died today. What I didn't know before NPR told me, is that she was pretty much the black Amy Winehouse. Actually, that's too harsh. She was at least coherent when she performed...but she did have a drug problem and spent a lot of time in rehab. I think sometimes that being really great at something comes with not being able to handle your own mind full time. Anyway, she'll be missed. Especially on those rainy Sunday mornings, when I'm feeling especially...well... Etta.

I'm hoping for a fairly uneventful weekend, save for plans with friends tomorrow night. Right now, it's ice-raining outside, or I might have considered going to the gym. Fortunately, my fridge is filled with beer, my stomach is full of pasta, and we've got Hot Rod on Netflix.

Yep. It's time for awesome.

No comments: