Monday, January 23, 2012

223. LKR2012

Long day.
Hand. So cramped.

Work was work. 8 hours of data entry intermingled with the tedium of removing staples, scanning documents, replacing staples, and stamping documents. Home briefly. Stuffed face with leftover Chinese. Tried to power nap, but cannot nap when I know I have to leave. Pretended to nap while breathing shallowly and squirming a lot. Math class. Lots of note taking. Crunchy school chair.
I am left tense and drowsy.

My bestest pal Janelle and I did manage to get a lot accomplished in regards to the upcoming Lindenkids Reunion we're planning. For those reading this who have no idea what I'm talking about, that would be my giant group of friends from all of our first attempts at college. This was like...geez. 12 years ago. When we were all young and dumb and rebellious.

I would estimate hardly any one of us actually graduated. I don't know if that means we were all a really terrible influence on one another, or the school really was that awful...I like to blame the school. I mean, they kicked me out twice, and let me back in just because I said I was sorry. Once was for grades. Once was for discharging a fire extinguisher (for funsies) on the third floor of the boys' dorm in the middle of the night...which set off the building fire alarm...

I must also admit that I went to college with no idea what I wanted to major in, or be when I grew up, or any clue how I was going to pay for it all. I was burnt out from high school, and it was my first time living away from home. I think these are all ingredients that, when added together, have no option but to equal total failure. I will say, it was the most glorious failing I have ever taken part in. I would go as far as to say it was epically awesome.

Anyway. It was worth it, if only for the memories. Ah, the memories...
Or at least the ones I can actually remember. Some of them are just plain hazy with alcohol.

Point is, I made some of the best friends I have ever been lucky enough to know in the short two years I was there. I even met The Wizard there. That's how long we've known each other.
We keep marveling over that...

So somebody decided last fall that we were all long overdue for a real reunion. It might have been Elkins, I'm not sure. Getting approximately 50 people to buy plane tickets and get themselves all in one place takes a lot of orchestration, but it seems to be coming together. Today, we secured the space for our silly gathering, along with a 4 hour open bar and hors d'ouerves.

The Wizard and I have been diligently working on the invitations, though all of the Photoshopping credit goes to him. I was the photographer, and have had a lot of input conceptually, but after that, I really haven't had much further involvement in their creation. Or rather, degradation.
I took photos I felt really proud of, and The Wizard's job has been to break them down in order to achieve that certain je ne sais quoi. He's doing a great job, in spite of his frustrations.
 I'll post the final product, as well as the original photos, after the invitations have been mailed out. I don't want to spoil the surprise for those readers who will actually be receiving one.
The surprise is the best part!

Besides that, The Wizard and I have also put together the initial design for the reunion t-shirt. Because every reunion needs a t-shirt. I think that's actually a law, or something. It's still in the early stages, and I expect it's going to take a bit of manipulation. There will probably be a lot more swearing at Photoshop as well. Fortunately, Janelle knows a print shop we can use. Once the design is finalized, we should be good to go.

1 comment:

Joshua De La Noco said...

Oh yes. I just RSVPd to Janelle's evite. Shit is so on.

...and I vote lets all just blame it on the school.