Friday, February 3, 2012

233. Hello, Lover.

Thanks to what I will refer to as an "Act of God", I was not able to post yesterday. My internet was down. I have just gotten it working again.

It's probably good that I couldn't post, anyway, because my yoga class was cancelled, and I was pretty crushed. I had been looking forward to it all week. I thought about going to a studio in town tonight to make it up to myself, but instead I'm going to save it for tomorrow so the Wizard can come with me. He also enjoys a good yoging every now and again.

Instead, to celebrate the end of the week, and apologize to my poor, miserable, neglected dog, we went for a walk when I got home. It was 50-ish, raining, and getting dark. I'm not sure the exact distance around Tower Grove, but it takes about 45 minutes to walk all the way around at a brisk pace.

The park gets really sort of magical at twilight. It's pretty any time of day, but I think winter is my favorite. I like the sense of quiet. By the time we made it back to the car, we were soaked, the park was totally empty except for one cop, and the sun was gone. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect start to the weekend.

Best of all, the Wizard should be walking in the door any moment now. I have not seen him since last Sunday.

Annnnd...BARK! He's here!

1 comment:

Joshua De La Noco said...

Oh that takes me back to winters walking around Central Park. Parks are beautiful in their starkness in winter.