Monday, February 13, 2012

243. Toast, Golf Clubs, & Screenwriting for the Insane


One of my homework assignments this week was to watch True West, the film adaptation of the Sam Shepard play, starring Gary Sinise and John Malkovich. The movie is pretty low budget and looks like it was probably filmed for television, or a straight to video release. Still well done, however, and the performances are hysterical. Maybe watch it sometime, if you're in between deliveries on your Netflix and don't feel like doing much beyond lie on your couch.

It snowed a lot today. I left work early, and made veggie bean burrito nonsense with the Wizard. Then I drove to school and took a math test, on which I am not certain I got an A, but feel pretty confident that I should at least have gotten a B. Afterward, I drove cautiously home, where I curled up on the couch to watch True West and drink hot cocoa.

Conveniently, the entire movie is available on YouTube, divided into 10 sections. Here's the link to Part 1, you can follow the trail of breadcrumbs from there...

No comments: