Monday, February 20, 2012

249. Post #2

As promised, I'm back. I've gotten some editing done on my two favorite shots from yesterday. I haven't entirely decided that these are the final versions for printing, but I think I'm pretty close. I may lighten the bottom image a bit more. I wish I could give them that nice burn to the edges that the iPhone versions have without it looking unnatural, but it's probably best to leave them alone.

It's been a while since I photographed anything on a camera that wasn't also my phone. These are also the first images I've ever shot and edited entirely in raw. It's hard to stop messing with them once you start, which may have something to do with why I've clung to film for so long. There is much to be said for the creative control, though. Definitely a bonus.




The Wizard is gone again, and won't be back until Friday. He was kind enough to stock our fridge with groceries before he left, and I've spent a pretty lazy Monday sampling a little of everything while picking through my homework.

Besides that, lots of PBS. Watched an amazing documentary on Himalayan wildlife. I remain terrified and disgusted by Lydia Bastianich of Lydia's Italy, but Ming Tsai had some enticing suggestions for the use of tofu. That's the last thing I need...a deep-fried tofu habit. Soooo tasty.

No comments: