We've found a new apartment! So exciting!
We actually went to look at it on Saturday, but I wanted to wait until the application had been approved before making any announcements.
I have to qualify this by saying that I am in love with my current apartment, except that it has some very unpleasant features. Those amenities are as follows:
- It is located in the ghetto.
- There is a crack dealer who routinely sells drugs on the side of my house, sometimes as many as 6 times in a single day.
- My downstairs neighbor is a slob whose belongings are strewn everywhere in the basement, so that we have almost no where to keep our stuff.
- My downstairs neighbor owns the two most asshole little dogs I have ever met. They rarely stop barking.
- The street which intersects mine (I live on a corner) looks to be residential, but is actually a major thoroughfare. People with crazy loud stereos like to drive 60 miles an hour down it. Also, large numbers of semi trucks pass my house during the wee hours of the morning, when I am trying to sleep.
- The building next to mine is empty and boarded up. Stray cats and homeless people occasionally sleep there.
So we're super pleased. The apartment is getting a dishwasher installed next week, and I think we get to sign the lease right after.