Wednesday, April 4, 2012

277. Today is Not Cool.

Left work two hours early to study for my math test.
I have studied every day this week, for hours, for my math test.
I don't know my score yet, but I know I didn't do well.

Not sure when the exact moment occurred, but at some point in the last week or two, things stopped making sense. Nothing is sticking anymore and everything looks the same. New concepts are being completely confused with old ones, so that looking at any given equation, I'm overwhelmed and have no idea how to solve it.
I'm officially struggling.
I expected an A from myself, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible anymore. At this point, I'll be relieved if I make it out alive with a B, and am scared it's quickly turning into a C.  

Oh, and I shredded and thoroughly greased my pant leg on my bike ride home.
I really like these pants.

The past three weeks, have been increasingly frustrating. I'm reaching the point that I just want to quit. The easy math class is suddenly impossible. I'm beginning to have a sense of what I might want to major in, but my work schedule is making it really difficult to plan my fall semester. I feel burnt out. I miss having free time that isn't accompanied by the guilt of sacrificing time I should be studying.

But no.
I won't quit.
I couldn't.

Not on Rex Manning day.

No comments: