Wednesday, April 11, 2012

278. Very Cosmopolitan

This past weekend was incredible. It was long, and exhausting, and I definitely needed another day off from work afterward, which I didn't get. I entertained like mad, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I remembered that I love people. And those people remembered they love people too, and we all gathered together in a giant room, spread the love around, and drank premium cocktails in fancy outfits. It was GREAT.

Besides all the hugs and catching up, I killed myself in power yoga, saw a movie I never saw the first time around, with an awesome girl who had also never seen it (Titanic in 3d, with Anna B). Drank a Singapore Sling at one of my favorite bars, with a fantastic man from Texas (Joe!). Baked Anna-Banana Walnut Muffins in her honor for breakfast. Played with balloons! Took hilaaaarious cover photos with the girls in my non-band (Anna and Laurel). Danced my tooshie off to Outkast, thanks to a shot I named Dancing Juice, created by a super nice bartender named Dick. Talked music with a drummer (Scott!) and had a really genuine conversation with another Scott for the first time since I've known him. Tried a great new diner I've been curious about forever (Courtesy on Kingshighway). Broke into a boys' dorm called Ayres, my (and my pals') former home (not all of us were living there "legally"). Climbed down the fire escapes and explored the third floor. Went up in the Arch for the second time. Ate choco-pie in a shifty bar while my windshield was replaced...

ADVENTUUUUUURE!!!!

Now it's back to real life. I start my new job on the 30th.
We're hoping to sign the lease on our new apartment this week, and get started moving our stuff.
I'm debating my course load for fall semester...

In all of this flurried activity, I have not run in a week. I crave musical expression in the form of my viola. I'd really like to go to a bookstore and shop for poetry books. I'd also love to read a novel I picked, instead of a textbook. But all in due time. For now, I'm going to drink this Cosmo and geek out to Sid Meier's Civilization.

No comments: