Wednesday, May 2, 2012

285. Kitchen Stadium, Wishful Bookstore

Seems I'm not the only one who feels a foodie post is long overdue. Mr. Rowan has thrown down the gauntlet for another dual cooking blog-off. Challenge accepted, sir. I look forward to it!

Actually, that was probably the only reason for this post. Lame, huh?

I felt a need to step away from my values/cornerstone class final-essay-thing for a second. I'm writing a short narrative from the perspective of Torvald Helmer (Ibsen's A Doll's House). I'm kind of enjoying it; it's virtually stress free, worth very few points, and only about a page and a half long. It's also the first thing I've gotten to write in a while that smacks of creativity. For someone who can't come up with a plot to save her life, I sort of like being given exercises that get me started.

Related; I am long overdue for a book shopping expedition. I'm not sure when I last set foot inside a Barnes & Noble, but it's been too long. Three books in particular which have climbed to the top of my wishful longings list:

120 vegetarian recipes from Chef Yotam Ottolenghi.

By Ryu Mitsuse. Plato, Jesus Christ and Siddhartha star in what is supposedly, the greatest Japanese science fiction novel ever written.

Timothy Crouse of Rolling Stone covers the exploits of journalists following the 1972 presidential campaign.

Bwah.
Ok. That's all I've got. I'll be back soon.

No comments: