Wednesday, May 30, 2012

295. The Countdown Has Begun

Guilty. Blogging at work again.

In exactly four hours and 36 minutes, I will leave...no, escape, this building for a full four days. As I walk to my car, and then drive gleefully away, I will be like Lot. I will not look back, for fear that this building may turn me into a pillar of truly ungrateful salt. After all, it is my employer who I should thank for this reprieve from the daily grind I am about to enjoy. For that, I am deeply thankful.
Yet I will not look back.
My mind will already be racing miles ahead of me, wallowing in the joy only freedom can bring.

Tonight is Best Coast, at The Firebird.
They have a new album out, which is currently streaming on NPR (last I checked). I haven't gotten a chance to listen yet because I was busy streaming the new Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. I would offer you a link to both albums, but NPR is blocked on this network.
I can blog, but I can't access NPR. Go figure.

By the way, I forgot to mention this in previous posts, but I'm very excited. Miracles do happen. I finished the spring semester with a 4.0 GPA. I received my letter notifying me that I made the dean's list last week! I had been wondering if there even was a dean's list at this school, because I had a 4.0 last semester too. Apparently part time students only qualify every 12 credit hours, instead of each semester. That seems sort of silly, but I'll take it. DEAN'S LIST BABY!

More than likely, this will be my last post until next week. Expect photos!!!

No comments: