Friday, August 10, 2012

312. Splurge

Confession. Last blog post? I was quite drunk.
Necessary sometimes.

The weather is incredible today, and all of our windows are open. There's a woman laughing wildly in the streets and it's echoing off the brick buildings so much that you really can't tell from where exactly it's coming. Not a cackling, choppy laugh, either. This is a howling, out of control sort of laugh. I wish I had a way to record it, intermingled with the steady pulse of cricket sounds and occasional dogs barking.

It's been a very long time since I've been excited about a new album. I do that sometimes, I guess. I get sort of bored with what's coming out, and retreat to my old tried and true selections. I think I've been doing that for about a year now, at least. Over the past few months, I've slowly begun to crawl out of my den and become interested in what's new again. Yeasayer's upcoming Fragrant World is the first album I have pre-ordered for as long as I can remember. I don't know what it is, but I love this band, and have loved them since the beginning. They only seem to be improving as time goes on.



1 comment:

Joshua De La Noco said...

Ha! When I read the last post I wanted to respond but was totally mystified as to how. For what it's worth I enjoyed reading it nonetheless.