Sunday, February 10, 2013

334. Is Productive/Is Not Productive

Sundays are usually the best day for getting caught up on homework, but I'm not finding that to be the case this week. On the other hand, it hasn't been entirely unproductive. I started the morning taking Frank-dog on a nice walk after this morning's thunderstorms, did dishes, practiced piano a little, and finally got around to packing up my request for a copy of my divorce decree.

This is my second attempt to obtain a copy from the fine people at the Superior Court Clerk's Office at 3000 Rockefeller Ave, (Mailstop 605) Everett, Washington. They rejected my last request because I sent a personal check. Because I guess personal checks don't deposit into bank accounts just as easily as any other form of money? Right. Anyway, if all goes well, I'll have completed step 1 to getting my real last name back. I don't know how much it matters, a name is a name is a name. But it seems silly to keep one that was given to you by someone you no longer have any sort of connection with. I almost look forward to having to explain and then slowly spell out my surname for people again. Mostly, I just want my name, not his, printed on my associate's degree next May.
 

No comments: