Saturday, February 2, 2013

332. Fictional Realism

Deadline for my first short story is in 3 weeks. Required length 5-7 pages.
I'm doing my best to start now so I'm not panicking at the last minute, but I'm stuck. I got up this morning, ate a wholesome and nutritious breakfast of cinnamon raisin oatmeal. Paced a little, loaded the dishwasher. Brewed some coffee and sat down to write. After only a few minutes, I settled in and started jotting down a scene that I was pretty happy with. I don't know where it was going yet, there was no plot. It was a start, though.

Realized I forgot about my french press of coffee and went to pour a cup. Researched some details I felt the story needed for historical accuracy. Things were going well until it occurred to me that I was writing historical fiction. The assignment specifically states no genre writing.

Scrapped. Back to the drawing board.
Literally...I went and blind contour sketched my cat.

Here's a film short I just finished. I filmed this without sound on Tuesday night at Black Thorn, and then mixed the audio tracks just now to create an ambient bar sound with rain and traffic in the background.

No comments: