Thursday, May 2, 2013

341. Thank Fuck.

Thus completes the last night of Figure Drawing I. I still have one large drawing and about 12 hands/feet to draw this weekend before my critique on Tuesday, and then that's it! We're done! Weee!!!

Fiction Writing is over. We have one last class to pick up our portfolios and chat, but no further assignments. I finished up my Anthropology Powerpoint Presentation today, which just leaves the final for Monday.

Major life decisions were made this week, and I feel that they deserve a post-mention. The Wizard and I have been stressing over money, deciding where to go to school, how to orchestrate move/jobs/residency to go with it, etc, etc, etc. It was eating at us, even though it's still more than a year away. I've been saving like crazy while paying off my credit card in order to get us the funds we needed, but it was making me really nervous, and I'm certain the Wizard was tired of thinking about it.

This all came to a head in the parking lot of Aldis this past Saturday. We had just pulled in after discussing what to do the entire way there, when we both sort of turned to one another and said, "Do you just wanna stay here?" And then we both saw the look on each other's face, and we both started grinning, and suddenly we were very relieved, and the world got really shiny and glowy.

We love our apartment, and our neighborhood, and I like being in a band, and things are going really well for us for once. Ever. We'd still like to move away someday, when it's time to really do something. I can't see myself having a career in this city, even if I do love a lot of things about it. But for now, while we're just college students, this feels comfortable and manageable. So we're staying for at least a few more years.

To reward ourselves for making such a grown-up decision, we decided to buy something we've wanted forever, but were hesitant to buy.
A set of new dining room chairs  to replace the set we got for free, and hate.
Not just any chairs, either! While these are not actually the Eames molded plastic side chair with Eiffel base, they're pretty incredibly close to identical, for about a quarter of the price.
They'll be here Tuesday! (Scream!)



No comments: