Wednesday, June 19, 2013

347. Freak Out

Just as I was feeling much more relaxed about life financially, I decided to talk to the transfer counselor at UMSL on Monday. Apparently, should I choose to double major as I intended, it will take me four years to complete my bachelor's on top of the work I'll have already done on my Associate's, and that's if I go full time. If I try to work and go part time, I will pretty much never graduate.

I sat down and tried to do a little math to figure out how much money I would need to live on annually, should I go to school full time and either not work, or work very minimally. It's about $16,000 a year with bills/rent/food/etc. Tack that onto whatever tuition I'm paying, minus any scholarships I might qualify for, and I think that four years of full time school without a job may run up a student loan debt close to $80-100 grand.

!!!

Panicking right now.


No comments: