Saturday, June 22, 2013

348. Holy...

Eff--------

I WON.
I won...

First place in the national League for Innovation category for literary fiction. Apparently me and one other person tied, I don't know the full details. I won. I don't care.

It is, I'm not joking, the most surreal thing that has ever happened to me...ever.

Leda & the Swan is going to be published in a literary magazine that I have been assured I will receive *at least* 5 copies of, and I won $500.

?!!!!!!!

Yeah, so um, stuff. I sincerely feel like I just ripped off a convenience store for a largish sum of money. Like I snagged whatever was in the till and just took off running down the street. No blood, sweat, or tears. Nothing truly earned, I just won.

I can't wrap my head around it. These sorts of things do not just happen. Not to people like me.

No comments: